Welcome to Jewels of the OBX - The Blog!

If you know my jewelry, you are probably more familiar with my jewelry collection, Jewels of the OBX. I'm very proud of this collection and it will continue to grow - that's why I'm keeping this blog. However, I would like to invite you to get to know all my designs and you'll find them at my new website,
Julie Smith Jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my passion with you and I hope you'll enjoy wearing my designs.
If you ever have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me!

All the best,
Julie


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jewels of the OBX can now be seen at Cloud Nine!





I'm so excited, Jewels of the OBX can now be seen at Cloud Nine, A Creative Emporium in Nags Head! Cloud Nine has been an Outer Banks feature for over 20 years! It is a truly amazing boutique that showcases local and regional artists in many different mediums. They also carry an extensive collection of beads and jewelry-making supplies and are open all year around. They're located in Pirate's Quay, Milepost 11 1/2 on the Bypass. Do you remember where Dowdys, OBX's last "amusement park," used to be? It's across the road from that. (A beautiful new school was built next to the old Dowdys location). Cloud Nine is actually closed this week as the owner, Ginny Flowers, a wonderful jeweler and instructor, is taking a well-deserved respite, and will reopen February 1, just in time for Valentine's Day.

The display at the store was put together by one of Ginny's assistants, Ashley. She also made the display along with that cute little sign you see. I gave her a pair of my "Compass to my Heart" earrings for all her hard work. She must have liked them, she gave me a great big hug! If you haven't seen the earrings yet, please check them out, along with a couple other new Valentine pieces, at the website http://www.jewelsoftheobx.com/ .

Don't forget to email me at jewelsoftheobx@embarmail.com to enter your name for the free starfish earrings drawing that will end January 31, 2010! (You'll see a pair of them in the picture of Cloud Nine's display case).
Just a few days left!
Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll talk to you later .... see you on the beach!
Julie