Welcome to Jewels of the OBX - The Blog!

If you know my jewelry, you are probably more familiar with my jewelry collection, Jewels of the OBX. I'm very proud of this collection and it will continue to grow - that's why I'm keeping this blog. However, I would like to invite you to get to know all my designs and you'll find them at my new website,
Julie Smith Jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my passion with you and I hope you'll enjoy wearing my designs.
If you ever have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me!

All the best,
Julie


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gunmetal and Lace


I wanted to design a jewelry piece using my new gunmetal beads, to fit my "Sandy Gear" collection. The result is what I've called, "Gunmetal and Lace." I really enjoy the way it looks with those leather gloves!

The finished piece is 7 1/2" long. It would be a really nice piece to wear in the summer with how it wraps comfortably around the wrist and feels cool against the skin. It's easy to take on and off with the slide clasp.

Please check out my website for more details and as always, please don't hesitate to contact me with your questions, comments and suggestions. I would love to hear from you!

See you on the beach!