Welcome to Jewels of the OBX - The Blog!

If you know my jewelry, you are probably more familiar with my jewelry collection, Jewels of the OBX. I'm very proud of this collection and it will continue to grow - that's why I'm keeping this blog. However, I would like to invite you to get to know all my designs and you'll find them at my new website,
Julie Smith Jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my passion with you and I hope you'll enjoy wearing my designs.
If you ever have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me!

All the best,
Julie


Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ice on Kitty Hawk Bay





This is a popular crabbing spot for folks on vacation. Popular more likely for its easy accessibility, lovely view and beautiful sunsets. It's on the main road to our neighborhood, so we pass it everyday. I enjoy checking out the license plates to see where the visitors have traveled from. Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York and Maryland are typical; although, I've even seen one from Alaska! As can be expected, there were no new license plates today! I couldn't resist stepping out of the warmth of our Jeep and test the hardiness of our digital camera to take pictures of all the ice. I didn't linger very long as the temperature has hovered around the freezing mark. Ice has built around the edges of Kitty Hawk Bay and enchanting icicles cling to wooden posts, bulkheads and to the rocks. Hopefully, the ice won't last very much longer as it's supposed to be a little warmer by next week. I, for one, will be glad to see it go and have the crabbers return! Please enjoy the pictures while I go make a steamy cup of tea!







Talk to you later!