Welcome to Jewels of the OBX - The Blog!

If you know my jewelry, you are probably more familiar with my jewelry collection, Jewels of the OBX. I'm very proud of this collection and it will continue to grow - that's why I'm keeping this blog. However, I would like to invite you to get to know all my designs and you'll find them at my new website,
Julie Smith Jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my passion with you and I hope you'll enjoy wearing my designs.
If you ever have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me!

All the best,
Julie


Saturday, March 6, 2010

A note to bloggers

If you're a blogger on Google's blogger.com, take care using those cute and tempting "Gadgets" that can be added onto your blog. They are outside applications that you are bringing into the security of what is your own authored blog and these applications can be hacked by anyone with no life of their own. While not directly hacking your blog, they can redirect your readers to any site they choose before your blog even had a chance to download. To be fair, the applications could also simply become unavailable; however, a non-threatening "not available" screen will alert readers on their internet explorer page. But, they could also be redirected to some viral site ... you know, one where suddenly pages upon pages of ads explode on your screen.
If you enjoy blogging, my advice is to keep it simple. Leave all the bells and whistles to those who like making a lot of noise and don't really have anything to say.