Welcome to Jewels of the OBX - The Blog!

If you know my jewelry, you are probably more familiar with my jewelry collection, Jewels of the OBX. I'm very proud of this collection and it will continue to grow - that's why I'm keeping this blog. However, I would like to invite you to get to know all my designs and you'll find them at my new website,
Julie Smith Jewelry.

Thank you for letting me share my passion with you and I hope you'll enjoy wearing my designs.
If you ever have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me!

All the best,
Julie


Monday, March 15, 2010

Jewels of the OBX earrings shown in Beadwork Magazine!


I'm so excited ... my earrings, "Pearl Elegance - Olive," are shown in the just released April/May 2010 edition of Beadwork Magazine! On page 6, I describe the inspiration and construction of the earrings in their feature, "W.O.R.D., (What Our Readers Did)." You may remember, I offered these earrings free with any jewelry purchase during the 2009 Christmas season. In anticipation, many days were spent making them and eventually, pieces in bronze and silver glass pearls.

The magazine contacted me back at the end of last year to say they would be shown in April which sounded like such a long way off, but here it is! Because the winter was so cold this year, it has kept us inside more than usual and I've spent it being productive with designing and working new jewelry pieces. The time has absolutely flown by and now spring is just a week away and we've already turned the clocks up for daylight saving time. Oh, and wait for it ... Easter is just two and a half weeks!

One day, I would like to submit a complete feature to the magazine which is a little more involved, providing a list of materials used and other required items. Beadwork says its fairly painless, which I'm sure is true, but that takes time and, well - there I go again! For now, I'll just enjoy Beadworks' very kind acknowledgement and keep on beading!

See you on the beach!

Julie

"Pearl Elegance" earrings can be seen at http://www.jewelsoftheobx.com/

2 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

How exciting for you! Congratulations on the feature and I hope it brings more business to you. I like my starfish earrings... they look so realistic! You do beautiful work. =)

Lisa Crone said...

Congratulations!! How exciting, these are so neat!